Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chow Nasty Spring Mixtape '08


Everyone remembers the first time they heard a song or saw a record cover that opened up another world that they never knew existed. Music has a distinct power to inspire and rescue people from the realities of everyday life. Every major event in my life has a soundtrack that I have attached to it. I remember the first time I heard music that my parents didn't like, I remember how a dusty record cover spoke to me, and I also remember how sacred that bond was between me and music. I am a bit older and not much has changed. I will hear a special kind of song that will make me see beauty in everything. Inspiration comes from these moments.

On our Myspace page (www.myspace.com/chownasty), down in the “Influences” section, we have been posting influential songs every Monday. We started posting songs that inspire us, songs that we learn from, and songs that do that something special that makes us want to make music ourselves. When we embark on our spring tour this February, we are posting an amazing group of songs I want people to listen to and enjoy. Good music should be shared. Some are obscure gems, some are classics, and some we post just because it makes us feel good. CD copies of this mixtape will be available for FREE at all of our tour stops. So pick one up at a show, or enjoy each track from the comfort of your living room. Either way …

Please and Enjoy!!

"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."

-James Brown

No comments: